Signature By "X" Mark
- Two "disinterested" witnessess need to be present and be witnesses on the document.
- One witness should write the person's name next to the signer's mark.
- Then each witness should sign his/her name as a witness.
- Both witnesses are only verifying that they witnessed the signer make his/her mark on the document.
Two Credible Witnesses
- That can swear to the signer's identity.
- They must have proper Identification.
- They must be 18 years old or older.
- They must know the signer by the name on the document.
- They must not be named in the document.
- They must not have any financial interest in the transaction described in the document.